Old Roedeanians' Association
The School is very fortunate to have a long-established Old Girls Association, the Old Roedeanians’ Association (ORA), which is run solely by Old Roedeanians as volunteers and which has been keeping ORs in touch for generations. The Association is open to girls who have attended Roedean for at least two years and to nominated former staff.
The Aims of the Old Roedeanians' Association (the ORA) are:
- To keep alive the spirit imbued by the Founders of the School.
- To uphold the reputation of the School.
- To provide support and assistance to the School.
- To provide a link between ORs and the School, and with each other.
- To support the OR Scholarship Fund.
- To hold reunions and social events to foster and encourage friendship and support.
The ORA is a member of AROPS (the Association for Alumni Societies)
- Mary Henderson - President email@example.com
- Lois Johnson - Membership Secretary and Vice-President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noelle Chase - Heritage Projects and Vice-President email@example.com
- Erica Faircloth - Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virginia Stephen - Committee Member
- Amelia Balthazor - Committee Member
- Louise Axton - Committee Member
Old Roedeanians' Scholarship Fund Trustees (ex officio):
- Emma Smellie
- Wendy Challen
- Rosemary Eaton
- Kate Coker
- Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg - Josina Kamerling: email@example.com
- Channel Islands - Louise Cotton: firstname.lastname@example.org
- China - Di Wu: email@example.com
- Greece, Turkey & Cyprus - Alexandra Laffon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hong Kong - Jenny Wong Chau: email@example.com
- Malaysia - Natasha Tan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle East - Suzie Sheehan: email@example.com
- Nigeria - Abi St John-Lyle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scandinavia - Sara Barazi: email@example.com
- South Africa - Tsiory Andriamanerasoa: firstname.lastname@example.org
- South America - Leonor Stanton: email@example.com
Keep in Touch
The OR Magazine
For a glossy look back at the activities of the year, and to keep in touch with ORA news, including successes, graduations, engagements, marriages, birthdays and reunions, the OR Magazine is a "must read".
Those who would like to subscribe to, or receive a single copy of the OR Magazine can place an order online via the Roedean Community Network here. Alternatively, if you prefer to send a cheque, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an order form.
Please email your contributions for the next OR Magazine to the Editor on email@example.com.
The 2019 issue of the OR Magazine will be published May/June 2020
The 2018 issue of the OR Magazine is now available (published mid 2019) - £8 per copy
The 2017 issue and some other back issues are still available - £5 per copy
This is used by members, including the Alumnae Office, to post their news and notices, and inform members of forthcoming events, you can find the group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/roedeanians/?ref=bookmarks
The Old Roedeanians' Association LinkedIn Group can be found at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3665480/.
We welcome postings of ORs' business interests and experience, requests for support, job adverts, offers of internships, offers or and requests for mentorship.