Old Roedeanians' Association
The School is very fortunate to have a long-established Old Girls Association, the Old Roedeanians’ Association (ORA), which is run solely by Old Roedeanians as volunteers and which has been keeping ORs in touch for generations. The Association is open to girls who have attended Roedean for at least two years and to nominated former staff.
The Aims of the Old Roedeanians' Association (the ORA) are:
- To keep alive the spirit imbued by the Founders of the School.
- To uphold the reputation of the School.
- To provide support and assistance to the School.
- To provide a link between ORs and the School, and with each other.
- To support the OR Scholarship Fund.
- To hold reunions and social events to foster and encourage friendship and support.
The ORA is a member of AROPS - The Schools' Alumni Association.
Minutes of the 2020 ORA AGM will be circulated to all members together with the Agenda for the 2021 ORA AGM to be held on 18 January 2021. They can also be obtained from email@example.com
- Mary Henderson - President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lois Johnson - Membership Secretary and Vice-President email@example.com
- Noelle Chase - Heritage Projects and Vice-President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erica Faircloth - Treasurer email@example.com
- Virginia Stephen - Committee Member
- Amelia Balthazor - Committee Member
- Louise Axton - Committee Member
Old Roedeanians' Scholarship Fund Trustees (ex officio):
- Emma Smellie
- Wendy Challen
- Rosemary Eaton
- Kate Coker
- Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg - Josina Kamerling: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Channel Islands - Louise Cotton: email@example.com
- China - Di Wu: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greece, Turkey & Cyprus - Alexandra Laffon: email@example.com
- Hong Kong - Jenny Wong Chau: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malaysia - Natasha Tan: email@example.com
- Middle East - Suzie Sheehan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nigeria - Abi St John-Lyle: email@example.com
- Scandinavia - Sara Barazi: firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Africa - Tsiory Andriamanerasoa: email@example.com
- South America - Leonor Stanton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in Touch
The OR Magazine
For a glossy look back at the activities of the year, and to keep in touch with ORA news, including articles, successes, graduations, marriages, reunions, the OR Magazine is a "must read". Please email your contributions for the next OR Magazine to the Editor on email@example.com.
Starting with the 2020 issue, the OR Magazine will also be available online for free to those who register on the Roedean Community Network - please use this link if you have not already registered: https://community.roedean.co.uk/register.
As before the Old Roedeanians' Magazine will still be published in hard copy and will be available to subscribers. Those who would like to subscribe, or receive a single copy of the OR Magazine, can place an order online via the Roedean Community Network here. Alternatively, if you prefer to send a cheque, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an order form.
The 2020 issue of the OR Magazine will be published in February 2021 - £8 per copy (or £24 to subscribe for 3 years)
The 2019, 2018 and some other back issues are still available - £5 per copy
This is used by members, including the Alumnae Office, to post their news and notices, and inform members of forthcoming events, you can find the group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/roedeanians/?ref=bookmarks
The Old Roedeanians' Association LinkedIn Group can be found at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3665480/.
We welcome postings of ORs' business interests and experience, requests for support, job adverts, offers of internships, offers or and requests for mentorship.
Follow the ORA on https://www.instagram.com/old_roedeanians/