Old Roedeanians' Association
The ORA AGM 2019
This will be held on Monday 28 January 2019 at 6 pm at the Caledonian Club, 9 Halkin Street, London SW1X 7DR (just off Belgrave Square - nearest tube is Knightsbridge on the Piccadilly Line). Registration will be from 5.15 pm and refreshments will be available. The AGM will be followed by a Drinks and Canapes Reception hosted by the ORA. The AGM is for ORA members only but all ORs will be welcome to come to the Reception at 7.30 pm. It would be helpful if those intending to come to the Reception could email the Membership Secretary at email@example.com.
Additional Committee Members: The Committee has vacancies for additional members. If you would like to be considered for nomination to the Committee, please send a short CV to the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 January 2019.
(ORA AGM 2018. The Minutes of this AGM, which was held at the Caledonian Club, SW1 on Monday 19 February 2018, can be viewed by clicking here.)
- Ginny Stephen - President
- Erica Faircloth - Treasurer
- Lois Johnson - Membership Secretary and Vice-President
- Mary Henderson - Vice President
- Robyn Crabbe - Editor of the 2017 and 2018 OR Magazine
- Gillie Smellie - Editor of the 2016 OR Magazine
- Harriet Scott - Events
Old Roedeanians' Scholarship Fund Trustees (ex officio):
- Emma Smellie
- Wendy Challen
- Channel Islands - Louise Cotton
- USA and Canada - Susan Ryan
The Aims of the Old Roedeanians' Association (the ORA) are:
- To keep alive the spirit imbued by the Founders of the School.
- To uphold the reputation of the School.
- To provide support and assistance to the School.
- To provide a link between ORs and the School, and with each other.
- To support the OR Scholarship Fund.
- To hold reunions and social events to foster and encourage friendship and support
Membership of the ORA is open to any girl who has been a pupil at Roedean School for at least two years.
The ORA is a member of AROPS (the Association for Alumni Societies)
The OR Magazine
For a glossy look back at the activities of the year, and to keep in touch with ORA news, including successes, graduations, engagements, marriages, birthdays and reunions. Please email your contributions to the Editor on email@example.com.
The 2018 issue of the OR Magazine is currently in preparation.
The current 2017 issue was published earlier this year and is still available.
Those who would like to subscribe, or receive a single copy of the OR Magazine, please contact the ORA Membership Secretary, Lois Johnson, on firstname.lastname@example.org or place your order online via the Roedean Community Network here.
If you preder to send a cheque, please contact Lois Johnson on the above email address for an order form.
This is used by members, including the Alumnae Office, to post their news and notices, and inform members of forthcoming events. The Moderators are the Alumnae Office, Ginny Stephen and Lois Johnson. Lois is also the Administrator.
Please note the rules for posting on Facebook (no swearing, no personal attacks, no personal accusations of any kind, nothing inflammatory or overly argumentative).
If there are any problems on Facebook, please contact one of the following: