Old Roedeanians' Association
The School is very fortunate to have a long-established Old Girls Association, the Old Roedeanians’ Association (ORA), which is run solely by Old Roedeanians as volunteers and which has been keeping ORs in touch for generations. The Association is open to girls who have attended Roedean for at least two years and to nominated former staff.
The Aims of the Old Roedeanians' Association (the ORA) are:
- To keep alive the spirit imbued by the Founders of the School.
- To uphold the reputation of the School.
- To provide support and assistance to the School.
- To provide a link between ORs and the School, and with each other.
- To support the OR Scholarship Fund.
- To hold reunions and social events to foster and encourage friendship and support.
The ORA is a member of AROPS (the Association for Alumni Societies)
The ORA Christmas Drinks are on Thursday 5 December 2019 at the Antelope (Upstairs Room), 22 Eaton Terrace, SW1 from 6.30 pm.
This is one of the oldest and most welcoming pubs in London. Wine and food by the Christmas Tree will put everyone in the right mood for Christmas. This is a very popular event.
This will be held on Friday 3 April 2020 at 6.30pm. Venue to be announced. Invitations will be sent to the Class of 2019, and also the Classes of 2017 and '18.
All the above events are free. Please ensure that we have your email address by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ginny Stephen - President email@example.com
- Mary Henderson - Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lois Johnson - Membership Secretary and Vice-President email@example.com
- Erica Faircloth - Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robyn Crabbe - Networking and Editor of current OR Magazine email@example.com
- Harriet Scott - Events and sports fixtures firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noelle Chase - ORA Heritage Projects email@example.com
- Amelia Balthazor (co-opted)
2019 ORA Committee Meetings:
- Monday 14 January
- Thursday 28 March
- Thursday 6 June
- Thursday 7 November
Old Roedeanians' Scholarship Fund Trustees (ex officio):
- Emma Smellie
- Wendy Challen
- Rosemary Eaton
- Kate Coker
- Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg - Josina Kamerling: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Channel Islands - Louise Cotton: email@example.com
- China - Di Wu: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hong Kong - Jenny Wong Chau: email@example.com
- Malaysia - Natasha Tan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle East - Suzie Sheehan: email@example.com
- Nigeria - Abi St John-Lyle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scandinavia - Sara Barazi: email@example.com
- South Africa - Tsiory Andriamanerasoa: firstname.lastname@example.org
- South America - Leonor Stanton: email@example.com
Keep in Touch
The OR Magazine
For a glossy look back at the activities of the year, and to keep in touch with ORA news, including successes, graduations, engagements, marriages, birthdays and reunions, the OR Magazine is a "must read".
Those who would like to subscribe to, or receive a single copy of the OR Magazine can place an order online via the Roedean Community Network here. Alternatively, if you prefer to send a cheque, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an order form.
Please email your contributions for the next OR Magazine to the Editor on email@example.com.
The 2018 issue of the OR Magazine is now available (published mid 2019) - £8 per copy
The 2017 issue and some other back issues are still available - £5 per copy
This is used by members, including the Alumnae Office, to post their news and notices, and inform members of forthcoming events, you can find the group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/roedeanians/?ref=bookmarks
The Old Roedeanians' Association LinkedIn Group can be found at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3665480/.
We welcome postings of ORs' business interests and experience, requests for support, job adverts, offers of internships, offers or and requests for mentorship.