- Choose Roedean
- School Life
- Old Roedeanians
- News and Events
- Contact us
Years 7 & 9 Scholarships
• Academic (up to 10% of fees) - excellence in Maths and English general entry papers
• Art (up to 10% of fees)- discussion on your portfolio and a drawing test from direct observation
• Drama (up to 10% of fees) - performance of two contrasting pieces: two monologues or a monologue and a poem, and also read at sight a passage or poem
• Dance (up to 10% of fees) - performance of two choreographed dances in any style and completion of a practical physical assessment
• Sport (up to 10% of fees) - assessment of a range of sporting key skills plus demonstrate a high performance standard in either Netball, Swimming, Tennis or Hockey. Potential for future sporting development is essential
• Music (up to 10% of fees) - performance of two contrasting pieces and sight reading test and discussion. Potential for future music development is essential
• Academic All Rounder (up to 20% of fees) - excellent in Maths and English general entry papers together with outstanding performace in any one practical subject chosen from the list above.
Sussex and London City Scholarships (up to 40% of fees). These Scholars are academically able girls, from London and the local area, who will bring something extra to the school. They may be fantastic all-rounders who will thrive on the many opportunities open to them at Roedean or an able girl with a particular passion for music, history, art, sport or something else entirely. As scholars, they will have strong academic potential, but as important as this is their love for learning, innate curiosity and an ability to enrich their community.
Brighthelm Awards (50-100% of fees). Naturally academically able girls with the widest range of interests, who are curious by nature, excited by the wide range of activities on offer, and who will make a significant contribution to the school.
Years 7 & 9 Scholarship application form
Sixth Form Scholarship application form
Sussex Scholarship application form
London City Scholarship application form
Year 7 Brighthelm application form
Sixth Form Brighthelm application form