DAY GIRLS DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT
The Weekend Programme
The Weekend Programme provides opportunities for girls in all year groups to enjoy destinations of cultural interest and a variety of stimulating activities. Pupils choose from a wide range of events including the very popular tour of the Harry Potter Studios to exciting rides and fun times with friends at Thorpe Park.
The programme broadens the horizons of each pupil, encouraging them to look beyond the school boundaries, discovering ways to reference their education in the wider community. There are opportunities to understand the value of our rich heritage and the wonderful diversity of British culture.
The well-planned weekend programme provides boarders with excellent opportunities.
ISI Inspection 2016
Why Plan a Weekend Programme?
- Each trip, event and activity enhances everything that is on offer in the academic and co-curricular programmes.
- It allows girls further opportunities to socialise and interact with those in different year groups and across our school houses.
- Friendships are fostered when activities lend themselves to greater interaction. Each weekend, trips and activities are offered at school, developing life skills as well as a chance to have fun.
- The cookery sessions are a must, and creative crafts, as well a swimming and badminton sessions are available, to name but a few.
A Trip for Everyone
Girls in all year groups can sign up for any excursion of interest to them, from days out at Hampton Court followed by a paddle steamer trip along the Thames to Kingston, to visiting Blenheim Palace and enjoying one of their prestigious events.
- Popular places to visit include Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, and the London Museums and Dungeons.
- Sailing, windsurfing, paddle-boarding, cycling, horse-riding and ice-skating are always popular.
- The local theatre productions are great, and making your own clothes, make-up, nail and hair-styling, and pottery painting, all add to the variety in the programme.
We feel confident that there really is something for everyone.
School trips extensive, masses abroad, boarders also enjoying busy weekend activities which day pupils can also sign up for. That said, with tunnel down to the sea (much enjoyed) and stile onto the South Downs, staying isn’t half an attractive option.
Good Schools’ Guide 2014