THE SWANKIEST BOARDING HOUSE
IN THE WORLD
Roedean has just had a £9m makeover, and the girls are VERY pleased about it.
Tatler April 2015
A Home from Home
Roedean is the girls’ home from home – we know that girls who are happy and relaxed in their environment will flourish and be successful. For this reason, the school has invested heavily in the four Houses in the main school building – the multi-million pound refurbishment lasted two years, and the results are stunning.
- The architects brilliantly combined the heritage of the original elements with contemporary features, so that modern showers can be found next to original light fittings in the bathrooms, tea-pot lampshades shine down on original wooden flooring, and modern furniture sits beside an original fireplace in the Drawing Room.
- Each girl is part of a House, and each House is part of the school. We place a great deal of importance on the Houses being at the centre of school life.
All the girls, whether they are day girls or weekly, flexi- or full boarders, are fully integrated into boarding houses.
Day girls and boarders are together in houses, allowing for a sense of shared community.
ISI Inspection 2016
This isn’t a boutique hotel, it’s Roedean, which arguably boasts the most stylish boarding house refurbishment ever to dazzle the independent school sector.
Daily Telegraph, 12 September 2015
- The five day and boarding Houses at Roedean, along with a well-structured programme of House matches and events, enable every single girl to feel part of a team and take part at a level with which she feels comfortable.
- House spirit is strong, and this is most evident at inter-house competitions, such as sport, drama, dance, and music, when spectators are faced with a sea of girls all proudly wearing their house colours.
- The eagerly anticipated end of year Sports Day encourages a healthy air of competition and friendly rivalry, as well as providing that sense of camaraderie and community which inspires the girls to learn, grow and achieve together.
It is the girls’ passion and drive which creates Roedean’s dynamic and inspiring atmosphere.
Keswick House is a house for girls in the Sixth Form which is a little removed from the main school building. This is designed to give them more independence, in order for them to develop some of the skills which will help them when they reach university.
- Keswick has the privilege of its own Dining Room, where healthy and high-quality food is served to the Sixth Form girls.
- Sixth Formers also have greater flexibility in being able to leave the site after the school day, should they need to go into Brighton to buy something or to celebrate someone’s birthday.
Girls all - unconsciously - smile when asked about life at school. Endorsement doesn’t come much more authentic.
Good Schools’ Guide 2014